Paul B. Hall Medical Group’s school-based Telehealth program is bringing healthcare directly to the students, faculty and staff of Our Lady of the Mountains, Johnson County and Paintsville Independent School Systems.
How can Telehealth benefit my family?
- Your child can be examined, diagnosed and treated by a healthcare provider while at school, simply by a virtual connection.
- Working together with the school nurse through specialized equipment, the healthcare provider is able to visually assess the child’s symptoms. If needed, electronic prescriptions can be sent to the family’s preferred pharmacy.
- Common conditions treated through a Telehealth visit include cold, fever, rash, earache, pink eye and sore throat.
- The goal of the Telehealth program is to keep children healthy, in school and learning; however, there will be times the student will not be able to remain at school. If the child presents with symptoms that need further treatment, they will be referred to their primary care provider or local emergency room.
- This program saves travel time as well as time spent in waiting rooms. Parents no longer have to leave work right away and try to squeeze a child into a last minute doctor's appointment or urgent care clinic.
Teachers & Staff
- You now have access to primary care on your schedule. Whether it’s an acute care visit such as a sore throat or fever to management of a chronic condition, we can care for you without leaving work.
*Telehealth services will not be used in the event of an emergency.