Are you paid to drive a truck or bus? Get your DOT Physical close to home.
The Department of Transportation requires individuals seeking to obtain or maintain a commercial driver’s license to undergo a physical exam. The physical must be provided by a licensed medical professional listed on the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) National Registry.
Your physical may include:
- Check your blood pressure, as well as your pulse
- Perform a vision test, since drivers are required to have at least 20/40 acuity in each eye
- Examine your ears
- Check for spine deformities
- Look at your mouth and throat for problems breathing or swallowing
- Perform a neurological exam to make sure your coordination and reflexes are not impaired
- Listen to your heart and lungs for murmurs and impaired respiratory functions
- Press on your abdomen to check for abnormalities
- Perform a hernia check
Schedule your DOT physical today with Jason Rice, DO or Tracey Hedrick-Hamilton, APRN in Paintsville or Vanessa Gainey, DO in Salyersville. Visit www.PaulBHallAnytime.com to schedule your appointment today.